ColourPop Sounds Grape Super Shock Cheek ($8.00 for 0.15 oz.) is a rich, reddish-plum with moderate, warm undertones and fine gold and berry pearl woven throughout. The consistency was moderately emollient, smooth and slightly wet to the touch, but it transformed to a more powder-like feel and application once it came into contact with my skin.
It remained blendable and spreadable with little effort regardless of being applied on top of bare skin or over foundation. It had more buildable pigmentation when applied with a stippling brush and more intense coverage from the get-go when applied with a fingertip, which is how it was intended to be (per the brand). This shade stayed on nicely for over 10 hours on me.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Untamed (LE, $30.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Pink (P, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC Under My Plum (LE, $31.00) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- NARS Outlaw (P, $30.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Milani Cherry on Top (P, $7.99) is darker, warmer (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Bordeaux Brat (P, $25.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- KIKO 104 Pastel Pink (P, $12.00) is more shimmery, lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Plum Foolery (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Wrapped Candy (P, $31.00) is more shimmery, darker (80% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Plum (P, $24.00) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (80% similar).
$8.00/0.15 oz. – $53.33 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable” coverage and can be applied with fingertips (which will yield “higher coverage”) or a brush (for sheerer coverage). It’s a cream-based product that has a subtle, “wet” feel to it but never has the thickness of a true cream-based blush. It goes on with the smoothness of a cream formulation but diffuses and blends (without lifting up one’s base) more like a powder product. The product sets to a powder finish, so the product won’t slide around during the day. On me, the wear tends to be between eight and 10 hours. Most shades have medium, buildable pigmentation with some being semi-opaque to opaque on occasion. They are typically blendable, easy to use, and long-wearing.
Browse all of our ColourPop Super Shock Cheek swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!